Shiri Me! » The Blog

         Art • Craft • Design

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Want some comfort for the soles of your feet?


If you're wondering why I've been writing lately, I've decided that just because I do not have anything art-related (my art, that is) to talk about, doesn't mean I should let this blog die completely. I've been sick lately so it's definitely delayed my art-making. I've finally found my digicam and recharged my battery, so I hope to get to snapping some photos of things I've been making lately. My aunt also gave me several yards of light blue linen so I'll be able to make lots of cushion samples. Yay!

But... back to the topic. Have you ever heard of Cydwoq (pronounced Sidewalk)? They make the best shoes ever! Lots of people have said so online but I didn't trust them until I forked down the large sum of money to purchase a pair. Initially it felt uncomfortable, but by the second wear I wore it down enough to make it oh so comfy. It's definitely a shoe meant to be walked in. The above picture is the one I bought. You can find it here.

It's been bitterly cold in San Francisco as of late, but I've been finding myself trying to get out so I can wear them!

A tip to keep them lasting for years and years, have a shoe repair person make some rubber soles on your sandal soles and get it replaced every year or two. Resoling would cost you a lot more and the leather soles would wear down after much use. I haven't gotten mine rubbered up yet, but I plan to soon.

No comments: