Shiri Me! » The Blog

         Art • Craft • Design

Saturday, July 25, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance?

I don't know how many of you watch this U.S. reality dance program, but I've recently fell in love with it again. (And you should check it out if you haven't already done so!)


(One of my favorite dance routines this season)

The dancers this season were quite good (though I'm no dance expert) and while I really would have loved to see the Top 8 all win, that is just not possible. I was quite saddened to see Janette go. Really, quite possibly, she was one of the best dancers I've seen on reality dance shows like this one (and I've seen my fair share). But, then again, she'll probably end up having a wonderful career anyhow. My art teacher always said, those who never won anything for their work usually come out at the top in the end (in response to my jealousy over my younger sister's initial luck with awards for her artwork). I like to think the same will happen for Janette.

Meanwhile, my heart is now with Jeanine, as she is also my favorite. I simply cannot believe that she is only 18 and so accomplished; you can just see it in the passion she displays, her grace (well, sometimes), her happy smiles, and overall technique. I hope she wins and, if not, I definitely hope she has a successful career in the arts.

No comments: